ABD CertLink® Honor Code and Waiver of Suit
I hereby attest that I have met all applicable certification requirements of the American Board of Dermatology (ABD) and have paid all required fees.
In order to maintain a fair and secure assessment process, I understand and agree that:
- All questions are the exclusive property of the ABD and are protected by copyright law.
- I agree not to retain, copy, disclose, discuss, share, reveal, or distribute any part of these questions, including memorized, reconstructed and recalled items.
I further understand and agree that any of the following actions may be sufficient cause for ABD, in its sole discretion, to terminate, or bar for a period of time, my participation in ABD CertLink, to invalidate the results of my performance, to revoke my certificate, or to take other appropriate action:
- The giving or receiving of aid during participation, as evidenced either by observation or by statistical analysis, including, but not limited to:
- Seeking assistance from any other person or giving assistance to another person in answering questions during assessment.
- The unauthorized possession, reproduction, disclosure, discussion, or distribution of any ABD CertLink materials, including, but not limited to, questions, answers, critiques, reconstructed and recalled items at any time before, during, or after the assessment.
I acknowledge and agree that the ABD may require me to take a traditional examination if presented with sufficient evidence that the security or reliability of the CertLink assessment has been compromised, notwithstanding the absence of any evidence of my personal involvement in any action causing the compromising of such security or reliability.
I understand and agree that as a Diplomate:
- I have the responsibility to update ABD with any change in my contact information and any new information in connection with my certification, including any relating to the commencement, and the results, of any adverse action against my medical license(s), hospital staff privileges, or disqualification from Medicare, Medicaid, or other governmental program within 30 days of such action.
- I recognize that all decisions as to my qualification for participating in ABD CertLink, and as to my performance on CertLink, rest solely and exclusively in the ABD, that its decisions are final, and that my exclusive appeal from any adverse decision is pursuant to the ABD's policies and procedures.
- I hereby release, discharge, covenant not to sue, and hold harmless the ABD, its trustees, officers, members, examiners, representatives, agents, and any person who supplies information regarding my credentials from any actions, suits, claims, demands, or damages arising out of, or in connection with any action taken by any of them regarding the gathering, collecting, and use of information about my practice or education, the results given with respect to any examination or performance, the failure of the ABD to recertify me or continue my certification, or the revocation of any certificate.