The Young Diplomate Observer is selected by the Board of Directors to represent the viewpoint of newly certified dermatologists in all Board of Directors discussions. The three-year term is non-voting.
Established in 2020, this new position was filled in 2021 by Jason R. Castillo, MD, who writes about his experience in this ABD Perspective.
- Must have earned ABD certification between 2019-2023.
- Must be a practicing dermatologist working in a (largely) non-academic setting.
- Must currently be participating in continuing certification.
- Must be available to attend an annual Board of Directors (BOD) meeting in Chicago in early June.
- Must be available to participate in 1-hour BOD Zoom meetings in March, September, and December.
Compensation: The Young Diplomate Observer, as well as all Directors of the ABD, is not compensated beyond travel, lodging, and meal expenses.
March 15, 2024.
The Board is asking for self-nominations. If you know of someone who would be a good representative, please send them this link. The new term begins July 1, and there will be orientation opportunities and materials available before the September Board meeting.